Friday 26 October 2007

The Importance of being Ernest

In grade 11 I was the production secretary for the school play. This was an extremely sort after position among the grade 11 girls and many of the girls in my class were very unhappy that I had landed this job. I loved the 3 months we spent working on the play, and can still remember many of the lines.

One incident that still brings a smile to my face is an example of pure innocence. There is a line in the play were Rev. Canon Chasuble, says "I am a celibate, madam'. One evening I turned to the teacher who was the play's director and asked "What does celibate mean?". He was a very sweet, old fashioned, middle aged man, who smoked too much. The look on his face when I asked this was one of sheer terror. He never did give me the answer, and it was only much later when I found out the meaning that I blushed too.

Now, you may ask "What is the Importance of being Ernest?". Well it is actually the reason for life... How I wish to approach this forum... and especially my life... Being Ernest (actually earnest).

I looked up the word EARNEST and these are a few of the definitions I found :

1.serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
2.showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.
3.seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention.

This blog is my way of showing my intentions, not only about the food I make but also the important things in my life. While making good food is a great way to show this, there are so many more things that are important to me, things that are deep and sincere and seriously important.

I am not a person who has a hectic social life. Happiness to me is spending time with my family and the few close friends I have made and kept over many years. Keeping in contact with these people is what I treasure most and what I most earnestly strive to work at.

My wish is that as you read, you will see the things I find important, not only how to make the best carrot cake, but the best way to share it.

I dedicate this post to those who know the treasure they have in finding true love and being able to give it freely.

Here is a family picture, which shows just what happiness is all about, the photo taken when no one is ready for the flash.....

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels