Wednesday 21 January 2009

A New Chaper

Today is the start of a new chapter in my life. My son left for boarding school today. I am so happy he has this opportunity but I feel sick to my stomach at him leaving.

The school he is attending is in a small country village, and their main aim is to give boys a chance to "be boys". His school life will be more like an adventure sport than the slog and grind experience by city kids. They go hiking and camping every weekend, the school swimming is done in either the nature reserve dam or the river and they even have mountain climbing as a school sport! This is the kind of education I could only have dreamt of for him, but it comes at a price -I will only see my baby every 4 weeks!

Because today is going to be very full and exciting I got up early to make him a good "Last Breakfast".

Home made bread toasted and topped with French style salami, cheese and tomato.


Then a bowl of fresh peach and nectarine slices with full cream
granadilla drinking yoghurt, which looked just like custard!

Here's us just before they left this morning for the trip to school.

5 comments:

Kit said...

Good luck - it's so hard seeing your children go off, even just for a day or night! If it's the school I'm thinking of I'm sure he'll love it - he's just the right age for that kind of adventure. It's just hard being the Mum left behind!

Nina Timm said...

I take my hat off to you....I struggle with the idea of sleepovers. You can start a whole section in your blog devoted to "hostel" treats......rusks, biscuits, fudges etc.....

Anonymous said...

What a handsome young man! You are such a good mommy :)

Nic said...

Your son is going to have a wonderful time by the sound of it. It will not be an easy ride for you though. I wish you and your gorgeous son all the best, 4 weeks isn't so long.

Jeanne said...

Oh, how hard it muct be for you! But it certainly sounds like he is going to a wonderful place. Best of luck to you guys and to Markwin!

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels