Friday 13 March 2009

Heaven's Garden

No matter how busy my day is or how hot I am, there is always one thing I will find time for, my garden. A few minutes spent watering and talking to plants is the best therapy for stress, especially if you can do it in the cool of the evening.

Everything is growing so well at the moment. I have beans, radish, egg plant, 2 kinds of chillies, swiss chard, rhubarb (seedlings still), raspberries, blackberries, sage, thyme, oregano, lemon thyme, lavender, a fig tree, 2 plum trees , snails , worms and weeds! I also have 3 rose bushes, which I am trying to learn how to care for - thank you Google!

As you can imagine this keeps me rather busy and my husband is worried he is going to have buy a horse and cart soon and hit the road selling vegetables!

Here I have some pictures after last night's pre-supper harvest - can't get any fresher than this, and no need for any fancy cold-chain protocol, you just Pick 'n Eat!



2 comments:

Kit said...

They look wonderful. We have all the space, but my herb garden is sadly neglected - I got rather disheartened on the second time the mole ploughed through and trashed it all. Maybe I should get going again though - it looks worth it from your pics!

Nina Timm said...

Wow, this is so amazing!Well done! Tell hubby, the horse and cart can come past me first!!!

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels