Thursday 23 July 2009

Chicken Korma

I am a curry making novice. I dream about making authentic recipes from scratch - pounding and tempering spices, but due to my extreme laziness, I settle for buying products which have already done the hard work.

I love sitting on the couch reading my book or watching Army Wives, more than measuring out spices. Thanks to companies like Spice Mecca, I can make great curries and still have time to read and watch TV!


The new range of spices from Spice Mecca - Tastes of India, have really caught my fancy and after the success of the Lamb Vindaloo, I was super keen to try the Chicken Korma.

They print the recipe on the back of the box, so it takes all the pain out of searching for recipes. I did change the recipe slightly, I left out the coconut milk and added 3 tablespoons of ground almonds rather(my family don't like coconut milk). I also added 1 tablespoon of Kashmiri chili powder, for colour and bite.


I served this with rice and homemade rotis - (which helped ease the guilt about how lazy I have become this winter!).

4 comments:

Kit said...

It looks good - I need to start getting spicier - my husband loves curries, but the kids need a little encouragement. I'll have to try out these spices on them.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

How great to have someone else do all the footwork for you tracking down the right spices. You just get to make and enjoy!

glamah16 said...

Homemade rotis! I need to finally make those one day. Delish.

Marisa said...

Handmade roti's?? Very impressive. And they look so professional!

Please please please give me your recipe. I'd love to try them out myself.

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels