Tuesday 14 July 2009

Comfort from the Cold

The wonderful thing about winter in Cape Town is that no matter how great the sunny days are, you know that the rain is coming! On Sunday the heavens opened, which was great for me sitting warm in my lounge, watching the Tour de France - but for some it was devastating.

It has been bitterly cold and wet and we needed comfort food - nothing says comfort like cottage pie. I don't really have a recipe for cottage pie, it's really just mince and mash. I did however pick up a tip in a magazine to add 2 egg yolks to the mash, this makes it wonderfully rich and creamy and helps with the browning when you bake it.

I also baked some coconut chocolate chip muffins.

My roses are blooming beautifully.

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels