Friday 21 September 2007

Peri Peri Nice

Some foods get very bad press. Most of the time it is because they are badly prepared. Chicken livers are one of those foods.

I was at the chicken counter yesterday and saw they had fresh livers, so I reached over and took two punnets. A young boy (about 13 years old) was standing next to me and asked what they were. "Chicken Livers" I said, his answer shocked me - "Oh Sick!!!". I guess his mother won't be giving him livers any time soon.

I serve this very simply with brown bread. No fuss food.

Peri Peri Chicken Livers

500g Fresh Chicken Livers ( Cleaned)
1 tsp Peri Peri
1 tsp Dried Chili
1 tsp Paprika
60ml Tomato Paste
1 tsp Fresh Garlic
1 tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper


Fry the Chicken Livers until the are browned - Watch out for the spitting.
Add all the other ingredients fry for a minute.
Add about 1 cup of water and turn down the heat.
Leave to cook for about 15- 20 mins. (I don't like my livers pink)
Top up the water so you have a descent amount of sauce.

Serve with brown bread
I wish you all a lovely weekend. As Monday is a holiday I will not be here, but I hope that I will have the time to make something special to show you on Tuesday.

Markwin as the Wild Cat mascot in the school play on Wednesday Night

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I also hated chicken livers as a kid... but now I adore them! They are one of the things I miss here in the UK - whereas every supermarket has a ton of frozen chicken livers in South Africa, our three closest supermarkets never stock them. Very annoying! Also, Nando's over here does not do the chicken livers that they do back in SA - so every time I go home I make sure I eat lots :)

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels