Monday 24 March 2008

Happy Holiday Part 1

Well, I am on holiday. I doubt for the next 2 weeks I will be able to blog about any food I am making, perhaps I'll review a restaurant or two.

So far since leaving home, I have travelled to Joberg, Ballito and now the Drakensberg.

We attended a wedding in Ballito. It really was a very good wedding, and we partied until late into the night. We slept over in a delightfully rustic holiday resort, called Cane Cutters.
It is the perfect place to go if you have children of any age - babies to late teens. There are activities or everyone. Live music, pony rides, quad biking, trampolines, swimming pool .... the list goes.We left Balito early on Sunday morning and took a slow drive up to the Drakenberg. We stopped at Howick Falls. I was very disappointed to see that the top of the falls has been converted into a laundry for the informal settlement. I can not believe that they allow such a beautiful natural heritage site to be desecrated like that. Never the less, taking them out of the picture, it is still beautiful.The only foodie thing I have experienced that is worth telling you about is the delicious homemade ginger beer I had with my lunch today. The rest of the meal was unpleasant at best!
The service was possibly the worst I have ever had, but the ginger beer was really really good!

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels