Tuesday 16 February 2010

Oh Baby, baby

I trust you all made it through Valentine's Day without any heart-ache or break. For those who wished for love, I trust he or she came through . I'm not really big on Valentines Day, actually that is an exaggeration - I am a non-Valentine person.

I get extremely irritated by the hype. Perhaps we should start a Valentines day where we promote loving those that don't usually get it - like the elderly, the homeless or the single mom fighting to make the end of the day with all her marbles in the bag. Instead of wasting money on old flowers, which are so over-priced, let's give a little kindness to those who really need it more.

So there you have my rant - it's of my chest and I'm back to happy!

Last night's meal was a first for me - Baby Octopus. I bought a bag of frozen cleaned baby octopus a while ago, and have building courage to cook it. Turns out, it is really simple and can be cooked just like calamari. Just make sure you remove the beak if it's not done already.


Salt and Pepper Baby Octopus

500g Baby Octopus ( Cleaned and cut into bite size pieces)
Salt and White pepper
Corn four
Oil for Deep frying.

Dry the octopus and season with salt and pepper and dust with cornflour.
Deep fry in hot oil for about 1 minute, depending on the size.
Serve with lemon and savoury rice.
That is it - simple and very tasty!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh good for you for cooking the baby octos! I've always been intimadated by them. The other day we even saw a BIG octopus at checkers - was a very scary sight!

Elle said...

Bet this recipe would work for squid, too. Looks delish.

Homemade Heaven said...

Marisa - The big one are really ugly - like from a scary movie!

Elle - Perfect for squid!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

I'm not brave enough to try octopus, although my son is fascinated with them at the grocery store. I think he would balk bigtime, though, if I tried to serve it for dinner.

腰痠 said...

keep update, please..bless you!!.........................

Cynthia said...

You could not have given this post a better title! Oh baby, baby, I want some of that food!

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels