Wednesday 29 August 2007

August 2007


This is the start of something new. I have read so many other blogs. Countless hours spent reading life stories and cooking ideas. Well here it goes... me and my life.

I live in the sleepy mother city of Cape Town. Spring is slowly pushing it's way through the stubborn winter clouds. It sounds very poetic, but the beauty of this city never fails to inspire. You only have to look at Table Mountain on a clear day and know you are in paradise.

The most exciting thing in my home at the moment is Markwin's 13th birthday on Sunday. We are having a small "party" at the toboggan track in Durbanville. I say “party”, as I am not sure as too what to do for a group of 13 year old boys. I guess party packets are out, unless I am able to include the latest PSP game as the party treat.

As for cooking, I like this time of year. The best of winter and the first of the summer fruits. I see that the first strawberries are sitting on the shelf , but still can’t bring myself to pay that kind of money for early fruit.

I did get something for free last week. My friend Che brought me Seville oranges from her friend’s (Sue and Andrew) “farm”. I started to Google Seville Marmalade” and ended up at Delia Smith’s. I must say I really enjoy how clearly everything is set out. I followed the recipe very carefully, and ended up with a year's worth of Seville Marmalade. I am very happy with the result. Tart and tangy – just like me!!!

Another project under way is my Carrot Cake baking. I have sold 2 already and have an order for another 2. It’s not bad a bad start – I read that it was one the first products by a famous deli in Cape Town.

Well that’s all for today. I will try again tomorrow – hopefully this will get easier with time.

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels