Friday 18 September 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

Strawberry Fields Forever is a song by the English rock band The Beatles. Recorded at the end of 1966, the song was written by John Lennon during the filming of How I Won The War and is formally credited to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team. It is named after a Salvation Army house in Beaconsfield Road, Woolton, Liverpool where Lennon played as a child. (source)

For me the strawberry fields are very literal - they are just outside Paarl, at the Klapmuts turnoff! My darling Keith knows, come September, the people at the Strawberry Farm know him very well.

On Tuesday he came home with a 5kg box - just for me! What a treat. I was so inspired yesterday I made some strawberry jam with lavender.

It really should have been eaten on a beautifully fresh scone, but I said I was inspired not on drugs - so a thick slice of fresh white bread was an excellent substitute!


Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

1 comment:

Elle said...

What beautiful jam...bet it smells wonderful! I think the local strawberries are over for the season here, but next spring I'llhave to try this.

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels