Tuesday 5 January 2016

Creamy Basil Pesto Salad Dressing

I have a basil fetish going on at the moment. It's quite fortuitous that I have a large garden and an accommodating gardener husband, who has planted 5 different varieties (so far) and found space for the ever growing demand for more.

I never knew there were so many kinds, I always just accepted that common garden basil, was exactly that - basil common to the garden. Oh no, there are different colours, ethnic groups, sizes and flavours that make my garden sound more like a UN conference than a garden.



This recipe is not an original idea, it's been around the "salad dressing circles" for years, but it is my first attempt and I am very happy with the result.
Quick,easy and very good with all the salads which we eat at this time of the year.

I am hoping that by the end of summer, I will have my garden established enough to be able to eat from it with only occasional help from the outside.


Creamy Basil Pesto Salad Dressing

80ml Mayonnaise
160ml Fresh Cream
30 - 45ml Fresh Lemon Juice
80ml Basil Pesto (store bought is great I like Pesto Princess)
10ml Fresh Chopped Garlic
2.5ml Black Pepper
Salt to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and adjust seasoning to taste.
If you like it more tart, you can add more lemon juice.
I store mine in used Grolsch bottles.

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels