Friday 24 April 2009

Quick as a flash - Hiking part 3

There are days when you feel like cooking and then there are days when you just feel like sleeping. On sleeping days I like to make food that has lots of taste but does not take more than a few minutes to cook.

One of my best finds this year is Nomu Sitr, it is undeniably the most versatile product I have found. It adds flavour and body to any tomato based dish. I always buy the Tomato and Chili, because I love the extra tang. This recipe has evolved as part of my quest to find quick light hiking food and I can't think of anything lighter or quicker.



Flash Cook Tomato Pasta

1 Onion sliced
20-30ml Nomu Stir
10ml Mixed Herbs
Cured sausage sliced
Water
Oil for frying
(Cream for non-hikers)
Pasta

Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the packet.
Fry the onion and the sausage until soft.
Add the Nomu Stir and enough water to make a sauce.
Cook for 5 minutes, you can add a little of the pasta water.
If you are not hiking and want extra comfort add a good glug of cream.
Serve with cooked pasta.
It really is that simple - and the taste is incredible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like comfort food to me ;)

Cookie baker Lynn said...

That sure beats the nasty, freeze-dried food I had camping when I was a kid!

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels