Monday 10 November 2008

Weekend Bliss

I have so much to share about my weekend. I spent no time at all in the kitchen and lots of time having fun in the sun (and the dark) with two of the most special people in my life.

Friday night I decided to treat my boys to fish and chips from Catch of the Day. The owner Manny knows me by name, so when I call and say "Manny, 2 hake and a small chips, collection at 6.45pm please" my life is instantly easier. I learnt the lesson to call before you arrive, because Friday nights at Manny's is like Christmas Eve at Cavendish!

I decided to stick to my healthy eating plan, and not go the battered fish and chips and make these tasty bites, of fresh ciabata slices, topped with low fat cheese, tomato and fenugreek sprouts (home grown) - delicious.


Saturday night hubby and I went out dancing! Our friend, Leslie K. Smith was doing the release of his new album at Hanover Street, Grand West. We first had diner at Squire’s Grill and Chop House, where hubby pronounced the steak as, " The best I've had in a long time". I did make one mistake though, I wore my new shoes - yes I hear that groan! My baby toe no longer has skin on it.

Sunday morning after church, I took Markwin tobogganing and I had my first trip down. My legs were shaking when I eventually reached the bottom, it took all my strength to remain cool and save face in front of him!

After all this fun, I really didn't feel like cooking. So I decided to try this very simple "recipe" I had bookmarked ages ago. It is very simple and scored full marks with Markwin.

I bought a pack of roti paratha at the Spar last week.

You simply defrost them slightly (not all the the way otherwise they are too sticky).
Roll your sausage in the roti and make slashes on the top.
Brush with either milk or egg and top with sesame seeds.
Preheat your oven to 180°C and then bake them for 25 -30 minutes.
The result is a super easy sausage roll.


A thought for the day :
Change your thoughts and change your world.
Norman Peale

No comments:

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels