Tuesday 15 June 2010

Little Treasures : Onions and Verlaque

Yesterday as I was browsing the aisles in Woolworths, feeling completely uninspired and freezing cold I found these little gems.
  They are called Italian cipollini. Small flat shaped onions with a thin papery skins, which looked perfect for roasting.I was so excited I bought 2 bags.

I roasted them with some small Mediterranean potatoes, whole garlic cloves and olive oil. They are wonderfully sweet and made a perfect accompaniment to the roasted chicken.

The potatoes I roasted until they were soft and then squashed them with the skin on (not mashed), added some of the roasted garlic and a splash of Verlaque Pomegranate Moroccan Glaze. Homemade Heaven at it's best.

6 comments:

Nina Timm said...

That is indeed Homemade Heaven!!Lipsmacking!

Hila said...

been looking for sweet onions. There is a really nice dish with sweet onions and mince I had once which I want to repeat. Thanks for the heads up :)

Anonymous said...

I must look out for these!

Marisa said...

Love love love roasted onions! I could eat a whole roasting tray full.

Jane-Anne said...

Seriously yum. Now all I can think about is roast potatoes and onions. With garlic.

Cindy said...

Oh wow, I can taste it ...

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels