Friday 8 February 2008

Muffettes


I wanted to keep a secret, but I just can't. My little wheat-free and sugar-free muffins are so nice that it would be wrong not to share them with you.

I have used coconut oil and egg whites, so the are cholesterol free too. They are so healthy it is almost too good to be true!

I will confess that they are drier than a regular muffin, but you have to forfeit something, as long as it is not taste.

Apple Cranberry Muffettes

1 1/4 cup Rice flour
1 cup oat bran
1/3 cup Xylitol
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tsp Chopped Cranberries
2 Tsp Chopped Pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup low fat plain Yoghurt
2 egg whites
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
3/4 cup shredded apple ( you can peel it, I didn't to add more fibre)

Combine dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl.
Add to wet ingredients to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Mix apple into batter.

Spray mini muffin cups with non-stick spray and spoon about
1 heaped dessert spoon of batter into each muffin cup. Bake in a 180C oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Make 36 Muffettes.

I made a batch for sale at the gym today. I hope they go down well.

4 comments:

Cookie baker Lynn said...

What a great treat for people who have food issues. I'm sure they loved them at the gym.

Homemade Heaven said...

I saw one lady eat 3 - guilt free eating, what a pleasure.

Nina Timm said...

I've put you on my favorite blog list, because everytime I drop by, there is something new.Thanks

The muffins look great and with hubby on a losing weight rampage, it sure sounds like a great idea.

Homemade Heaven said...

Thanks Nina. I hope you enjoy them. I am having great fun finding things to make for "Special Diet" people.

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels