Friday 29 February 2008

Flip Flops

My kitchen confidence is currently at an all time low. This last week it seems that everything I try to make ends with "Flip, another Flop"!

I have been so inspired by all the wonderful things I have been seeing on other blogs but it seems that everything I try comes out terrible. I have had dreams about posting pictures and recipes of the most delicious things, but I can't give you one recipe in fear of spreading this failure virus across the whole world wide web.

I will however, in the spirit of transparency, show you the pictures of the chocolate oat crunchies which taste great, but have been re-named "crumblies". You can only eat them outside on a ground sheet because they are so messy. And then I have a raisin bread that had to be registered with the Department of Defence as a deadly weapon. It was so dense and hard that if you threw it at someone they would end up in hospital, and no I didn't try throwing it at anyone.

I am not going to give up, and I trust that you will laud my bravery in showing you my failures and remember that "failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success".

Disclaimer : Do not try this at home, and if you do, only under strict adult supervision.




Our business in life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in good spirits

2 comments:

Nina Timm said...

I was wondering what had happened to you, but now I fully understand. We all have those days in the kitchen and thank the Good Lord for take-aways on nights like these.
Ps Just so you know, my first Tapioca gurdled....shhhh

Homemade Heaven said...

I have been trying so hard to get something really original to come out of my kitchen, perhaps I should just relax and enjoy.

Jeremiah 17: 7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water."

It is not your business to succeed, but to do what is right : when you have done so, the rest lies with God.
C.S. Lewis

Search This Blog

South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

The South African Food and Wine Blogger Directory

Foodista

Followers

Labels